- As a community service the Mashpee Public Library maintains bulletin boards and literature display areas for the dissemination of library, community and public service information of an educational and/or cultural interest. The Library will consider materials for posting or distribution that are provided by non-profit organizations, community groups, educational institutions and government agencies. Materials will be posted or distributed on an equitable basis, subject to space limitations, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of the individuals or groups represented.
- Items printed primarily for the purpose of soliciting business clients or members, requesting ongoing fundraising donations, or selling merchandise will not be distributed.
- Notices for individuals (e.g., garage sales, lost pet notices), for-profit groups, or commercial businesses will not be posted.
- Political or election information that is non-partisan in nature, such as a local committee meeting, will be allowed; however information of a purely partisan nature endorsing one political party, or candidate will not be permitted.
- Materials that have the primary effect to proselytize for a single point of view, or are defamatory or slanderous in nature will not be permitted.
- Petitions are not permitted in the Library unless they are distributed by the Library and deal with Library issues on a local, statewide or national level.
Posting & Distribution
- For the most equitable use of the limited bulletin board and counter space, the following regulations apply:
- Posters, notices and other publicity of Library programs, events, activities and services have first priority.
- Material of community-wide interest prepared by organizations with community affiliations, and official Government announcements and communications will receive next highest priority.
- Listings of other cultural, educational or recreational events of potential interest to Library patrons will be posted as space permits.
- Items must be delivered to the first floor Public Service Desk for approval by the Library Director or his/her designee. Items become the property of the Library, and the Library is not responsible for retaining or returning materials to individuals.
- Only Library staff members may place material on bulletin board or literature display rack after prior approval of the Library Director or his/her designee. The Library is not responsible for notifying individuals if or when materials have been approved for posting.
- Due to limited display space, the Library reserves the right to restrict the size, number, and location of posted and distributed materials. The time span during which the materials are reviewed and exhibited will be determined by the Library.
- The preferred size for notices is 8 ½ x 11. Larger notices of overriding community importance may be posted with the permission of the Library Director, and as space permits.
- Bulletin board materials will be posted for the current month. Any bulletin board material received more than one month prior to the event will be posted during the month of the event or as space allows.
- Notices for events held on specific dates will be removed and discarded following the dates. The Library is not responsible for returning posters or saving materials for later distribution to individuals.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the content of the materials, nor for possible damage or theft of materials (including literature racks provided by the disseminator of the information).
- Any item posted or distributed must clearly state the name of the sponsoring organization and contact telephone number for further information and/or clarification.
- Items posted and distributed are for informational purposes only. Posting and distribution does not imply endorsement by the Library.
Adopted May 8, 2013